I mentioned before there are a lot of wrong ways to get reviews.
5 things I have seen business owners do that land them in trouble:
- You incentivized the review (Illegal by the way. An ethical implied bribe is still fine.)
- You asked for a bunch of reviews from past customers all at once
- You forgot to make it easy for them (Business card, email, text… to the feedback funnel)
- You forgot to to make it a consistent part of your business process
- You left the review or had them write it from your computer/device
To practice what I preach. Would you leave me a positive review? Your choice where.
A) Leave Me Feedback and a review at Google Maps or Facebook
B) Connect with me & leave a personal recommendation on LinkedIn
Bonus Tip: Business owners can actually review other businesses from their Google Maps account. Other business owners understand your pain so be sure to ask.
P.S. I did promise a funny article: The 7 Worst/Best Ways To Get Reviews By The Numbers
P.P.S.Here is the final bonus, learn form my parent in laws and an opportunity to work with me, lesson 9 bonus.