I mentioned before there are a lot of wrong ways to get reviews.
5 things I have seen business owners do that land them in trouble:
- You incentivized the review (Illegal by the way. An ethical implied bribe is still fine.)
- You asked for a bunch of reviews from past customers all at once
- You forgot to make it easy for them (Business card, email, text… to the feedback funnel)
- You forgot to to make it a consistent part of your business process
- You left the review or had them write it from your computer/device
To practice what I preach. Would you leave me a positive review? Your choice where.
A) Leave Me Feedback and a review at Google Maps or Facebook
B) Connect with me & leave a personal recommendation on LinkedIn
Bonus Tip: Business owners can actually review other businesses from their Google Maps account. Other business owners understand your pain so be sure to ask.
P.S. I did promise a funny article: The 7 Worst/Best Ways To Get Reviews By The Numbers
P.P.S.Here is the final bonus, learn form my parent in laws and an opportunity to work with me, lesson 9 bonus.
- Email 1: Importance of reviews stats
- Email 2: The simple secret to getting reviews
- Email 3: Where should you get reviews (Google, Facebook…)
- Email 4: How to get notified of new reviews
- Email 5: Replying to bad & good reviews
- Email 6: What is review filtering & 2 tricks for Yelp
- Email 7: Recap & A favor
- Email 8: Bonus: What not to do
- Email 8: Bonus: What next