Many are shocked to hear that review sites filter good reviews out. With Yelp being the most notorious for doing so.
Most common reasons for reviews being filtered out:
- This is their first review
- The user has not enriched their profile with details
- The review is overly positive using some trigger words
- The review is not given on a mobile device or app (Trick 1: This works great)
- You incentivized the review (Illegal by the way)
- Every reviews is from the same IP address
- Too many reviews all at once
- You left the review
I’ve only had 2 clients ever get a bad review. And one of those was at Yelp which shows right in Bing search results. So here is a tip for getting some reviews at Yelp.
Trick 2: Yelp thinks it is a social media site. So you can find all your friends/customers on Yelp by simply having Yelp search your contacts. Then you can reach out to them on an individual basis.
Source Thanks Shannon for the idea.
Bonus Tip: Text over a link where they can leave a review. Here is what a client of mine had to say:
“It worked great. And very convenient it wasn’t more than 3 minutes after I texted the link I got a reply that said ‘you’ll find a review up on Google.’”
– Wes B, Roofer
Next is our final lesson, lesson 7. I know I’m crying too.
P.P.S. Angies List matters more and more for service professionals. Here is the easiest way to get reviews on Angies List.
- Email 1: Importance of reviews stats
- Email 2: The simple secret to getting reviews
- Email 3: Where should you get reviews (Google, Facebook…)
- Email 4: How to get notified of new reviews
- Email 5: Replying to bad & good reviews
- Email 6: What is review filtering & 2 tricks for Yelp
- Email 7: Recap & A favor
- Email 8: Bonus: What not to do
- Email 9: Bonus: What next
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.